It’s going to be a busy year for the Woodstock city council and staff. Many projects are planned to improve the quality of life for residents as well as visitors.
• Plans are underway to connect the Noonday Creek Trail to the Cobb County Trail System. This is a long-range project, but planning must start.
• Implementation of the signal timing project on Main Street in downtown. This should improve commute times in the area.
• Center turn lane construction for Woodstock Knoll and Bell Industrial Park. This will alleviate backups on Highway 5 in these areas.
• Improvements to the entrance of the Serenade subdivision.
• Formalize plans for the redevelopment of the City Center site, which hopefully will include a parking deck.
Other notable projects:
• Opening of Sprouts in Towne Lake.
• Krispy Kreme to open in Cherokee County on Highway 92.
• Construction scheduled to begin on Costco near the outlet mall.
Other things will come up and be dealt with, but these are the major projects for the coming year. We have a philosophy that you must continue to improve or you’re falling behind. We never want to fall behind and our residents and businesses would agree.
By Donnie Henriques, Woodstock Mayor