Fall and football go hand in hand. If you missed the October Touchdown Tailgating Recipes in the Around Woodstock Magazine, then take a look below for some of our featured favorites.
We can’t think of anything more southern than BBQ and sweet tea! We love these variations on a dry BBQ rub and White Barbecue Sauce submitted by Kennesaw State University fans Anita and Stewart Geoghagan, and who can resist this version of sweet tea and buffalo dip from Dr. Kina Mallard, the president of Reinhardt University.
- 1 and 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup of paprika
Mix and rub on pork before grilling.
White Barbecue Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp horseradish-style deli mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
Whisk together until blended. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- Add 1 cup of sugar of Splenda
- Add 4 cups of pineapple juice
- Add 2 cups of orange juice
Boil 8 cups of water and add 8 family-size tea bags. Let sit for 20-30 minutes, then remove tea bags and pour in 1 gallon pitcher. Top off gallon pitcher with water.
Buffalo Eagle Dip
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 3-4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 3/4 cup of hot sauce (1 cup if you prefer a hotter flavor)
- 1 cup of ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Place in an oven safe dish and top with 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until cheese is bubbling and the edges are brown.
What are your favorite tailgating treats! Share them with us in the comments below!