School’s almost out and summer is almost here! While we’re all ready for summer activities such as hiking, festivals and days by the water, we need to make sure we’ve got our safety routines in check.
The Cherokee County Recreation and Parks agency partnered with Safe Kids Cherokee County, Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services and the Braves Foundation to introduce the inaugural Summer Safety Bash on Sunday, May 15th from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.!
What to expect:
- Car Seat Checks. Get your car seats checked and make sure your kids are safe on the road.
- CPR Classes. Bring the whole family and make sure everyone learns this life-saving skill. You never know when it will be needed.
- Life jacket Fittings & Lake Safety Station. Bring your life jackets and make sure your kids have the appropriate ones for their size. Seize this opportunity to learn how to properly fit a life jacket. Once you’re done, take a few minutes to learn the laws of the lake and how to keep your family safe on the water.
- Bike Rodeo. Pack up the bikes and helmets and let the kids ride with their friends in the designated area. Don’t forget water so that everyone stays hydrated.
- Whales Tales Presentations. Let the kids sit down, enjoy and learn about these beautiful creatures.
- Pictures with Homer, the Atlanta Braves Mascot. Take a fun family photo or let the kids ham it up with Homer as the major league baseball season goes into full swing.
- So much more! You’ll just have to come and see.