You may have noticed a new presence for Woodstock on social media recently. The www.visitwoodstockga.com website is beginning its second year. It’s the website that accompanies advertisements in travel guides and magazines distributed worldwide. But until this month, the social media pages attached to it were for Downtown Woodstock. In order to allow a broader focus on Facebook and other platforms that includes all of Woodstock, accounts for Visit Woodstock GA have been created.
Both online identities are managed by the staff of the Woodstock Office of Economic Development. This team staffs the Downtown Development Authority, the Woodstock Visitors Center in Historic Dean’s Store, and IN WDSTK, a membership organization that brings together greater Woodstock residents and businesses who are INvesting, INvolved and INcluded IN Woodstock’s growth and opportunity.
Tourism drives economic prosperity. According to the U.S. Travel Association, “Travel-dependent leisure and hospitality is the largest small-business employer in the United States.” Even though Visit Woodstock GA is made for tourists, locals are encouraged to follow and interact on all of the Visit Woodstock GA accounts.
• Visit Woodstock GA on Facebook will promote events such as Friday Night Live, the Woodstock Farm Fresh Market, WDSTK Roots Music Nights and Taste of WDSTK.
• Visit Woodstock GA Twitter will share relevant posts by Woodstock tourism partners and interact with potential and current travellers.
• Visit Woodstock GA Instagram will share images to inspire visitors to experience Woodstock.
• Visit Woodstock GA Pinterest is a great place to highlight posts by travel bloggers and pins about the growing film industry in Woodstock.
• Visit Woodstock GA’s YouTube profile will highlight Woodstock as a premier mountain biking and outdoors destination, a world-class shopping and dining destination, and a vibrant music and arts destination. The video series Dean’s Store Sessions filmed brings attention to local original music artists.
Downtown Woodstock will remain on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. It will co-host Facebook events that take place in the downtown entertainment district with Visit Woodstock GA. The Downtown Woodstock account will continue to share all of the great photos and videos of events in Downtown Woodstock that locals love and act as a digest of all of the downtown shops’ and restaurants’ posts.
The hope is that locals will follow these new accounts and join in as ambassadors, welcoming their friends and family equipped with all the great information provided by Visit Woodstock GA and Downtown Woodstock online.
– Stacy Brown, the Marketing Manager INWDSTK for the city of Woodstock.
Leave a Reply