When you buy a new home, you want the best. But some builder upgrades simply aren’t worth the money. Whether you’re building a new home or renovating to sell, it pays to know which home upgrades are worth the money.
- Stone countertops. Homes with granite countertops sell for an average of 4.1 percent more than anticipated. Although they may not increase the property value for every home, granite countertops are a worthwhile upgrade for most homeowners.
- Solar vents. Solar vents cost about as much as a quality ceiling fan, but when installed in the attic, they’re an easy way to cool down the house without using electricity.
- Bathroom vanity. Like stone in the kitchen, upgrading the bathroom vanity offers a high return on investment for a comparatively low installation cost.
DIY Home Upgrades
You’ve let the pros handle stone countertops and kitchen cabinets, now it’s time to get your hands dirty. These DIY home upgrades can increase home value with minimal investment.
- Paint. A fresh coat of paint can transform a room, update old cabinets, and add shine to banisters and stairs. Choose neutral tones to make your investment worthwhile.
- Thermostat. A smart thermostat makes a home feel modern and sleek. It’s also a great energy-saver, which makes it an attractive home addition.
- Landscaping. Improving curb appeal is a fail-safe way to improve the value of a home. Keep the lawn trimmed and healthy, remove any yard debris, and install a few colorful flowers near the porch and mailbox.
Provided by The Premier Group