Who else is excited for the return of Food Truck Fridays? Since May 6th – October 21st our beloved food trucks will be at the Recreation Center at 7545 Main Street from 6- 9 p.m. In honor of Food Truck Fridays, let’s talk about some fun food truck facts:
- Food trucks in the United States date all the way back to 1691.
- In 1872, the first mobile diner was set up in a horse-drawn wagon.
- In 1917, the United States Army introduced the first mobile canteens (kitchen) to feed troops in the field.
- In the 1950s, the first ice cream truck was introduced.
- In 1974, Raul Martinez converted the first ice cream truck into the nation’s first taco truck and parked it in front of a bar in Los Angeles.
Thank you, Raul, for your true contribution to society. There’s something no one can deny about a taco from a truck. Have you not had food truck tacos? Or any food truck foods? Food Truck Fridays are a terrific introduction to the world of food trucks as well as a great way to expand your taste buds.
This week’s vendors include:
- Seven Seas Mediterranean -Chicken shwarma sandwich, anyone?
- The Blaxican -Their Mexy Mac was declared “sinfully delicious” by Jennifer Anniston!
- The Deep South Biscuit Company- Everyone knows the biscuit is a southern staple.
- Flatbread Bistro- Who’s down for some Hawaiian flatbread pizza?
- Philly Connection- Half size or whole size, you can’t go wrong here.
- Heavenly Dolce- Chocolate covered strawberries or cupcake?
- Ice Ice Lady -Because there is never a wrong time for ice cream
Vendors rotate weekly so be sure to follow CRPA on Facebook to see each week’s lineup.